Night Solar crime reporter Kaitlin Greenockle recaps crime tales from January 1 – 17.
The Night Solar
Hanover Borough police are investigating two suspicious males who might have tried a “distraction” housebreaking on Jan. 19.
A resident within the 200 block of Centennial Avenue reported that at about three p.m. a male topic knocked on her door claiming to be from the electrical firm and requested to take a look at the electrical circuit panel, in response to a Hanover Borough Police Division information launch.
The resident allowed the male into her basement, who then referred to as one other male to the basement together with the resident.
One of many male topics went upstairs to the primary flooring of the resident’s residence, whereas the second male topic persuaded the resident to remain within the basement, police state within the launch.
After the lads left, the resident observed lights that have been turned on and a closet door and chest drawers that have been left ajar.
The closet and drawers had been rummaged by way of, however nothing was taken, the discharge states.
One male was described as brief, heavy set, brief mild hair and sporting a yellow development vest. The opposite male was described as tall, skinny and sporting a hat.
Police instruct residents to make use of warning and to name 911 instantly in the event that they encounter these two topics.
Hanover Borough Police Division tricks to scale back danger of distraction housebreaking:
- Maintain all home windows and doorways locked always
- Use the door chain, spy gap, or adjoining window when responding to an sudden knock at your door. Ask to see identification and enterprise card. If the individual is soliciting, they should have a allow from the Borough of Hanover of their possession and show it upon demand
- By no means let anybody into your house whom you didn’t request or invite
- By no means let anybody into your own home with out verifying their identification by calling the corporate. Most utility and public service corporations ship letters to clients saying prematurely of their intent to work in your space. Staff must be sporting a uniform and working a car the is clearly marked with the corporate’s emblem
- In case you are unsure or suspect the individual shouldn’t be whom they declare to be, name 911 and have a police officer reply to your residence to help