Blackhawks Recreation Notes For Wednesday vs. Pittsburgh
- The Penguins beat the Islanders, 2-1, in a shootout on Monday, and have now earned some extent in 4 straight games and 9 of their last eleven (6-2-3). They’ve additionally allowed two or fewer objectives in three straight video games, tied for his or her longest streak of the season.
- Over his last eight begins, together with Monday’s win over New York, Casey DeSmith is 6-1-1 with a 2.10 GAA. In his first eight starts, he went simply 3-2-3, however still had a strong 2.23 GAA.
- Chicago has gained eight consecutive video games towards Pittsburgh, with the Pens scoring two or fewer objectives in every recreation, and exactly one aim in every of the final five. Pittsburgh’s longest lively dropping streak towards some other group is 2 video games.
- The Blackhawks lost to the Jets, 6-3, in Winnipeg on Tuesday, and have now lost eight straight video games, all in regulation, for the first time since April 1995. They’ve allowed 39 objectives within the eight games, slightly below five objectives per recreation.
- Dylan Strome has been a vibrant spot for Chicago since being acquired by way of commerce on November 25. He has four objectives and an assist in his eight video games as a Blackhawk after getting simply three objectives and three assists in 20 games with the Coyotes.
- There are only six venues by which Sidney Crosby has played an NHL recreation and failed to attain a objective – T-Cellular Area (Vegas – 1 GP), American Airlines Middle (Dallas – 7 GP), Globe Area (Sweden – 2 GP), Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo – 1 GP), Soldier Area (Chicago – 1 GP) and the United Middle (Chicago – 5 GP).